Finally, the much-awaited bowling party day arrived! Andrew had been asking for this for his birthday since we went bowling for Rebecca's party...back in April! I think he was as delighted about the whole event as he hoped he would be...never mind the fact that he bowls like a 15. :)
I wish the camera could capture Jacob's delight in watching his pins knock down...he's so funny to watch!
Anna got to the point of clapping for everyone's roll...even for the group on the next lane over!
We went back to Kimberly's new place for cake and presents afterwards. He was thrilled by the upgrade in rocket cakes (funny how an extra day to work with in party preparations makes all the difference). And he was delighted by the presents he received...as was I! I love it when my family gives useful things that he loves...like camping flashlights and devotional books and fishing waders and sandals and money for a drum stand and curriculum for the next school year! (I'm sorry if that's cheating...we don't use all if it for school stuff; and as it becomes more of budget line item, hopefully we won't have to do that at all. But for now, it's the way it goes)!
We still can't believe this boy is six years old already...he's such a neat kid. He has a heart to do what is right (most of the time), and has an open heart to learn Scripture. He is intensely curious about what makes things work...and has a great sense of humor!





3 comments:
i love that pic of mom and anna!
she is so exuberant!
Which one?
Not which picture...which one is excuberant? Just kidding!
Post a Comment