Monday, February 04, 2008

Visitors


Today as I was cleaning up after lunch, I looked out the window to see a baby moose not so far away out my window! I called to the boys and got them situated where they could see...the baby skittered out a bit farther when it noticed us. Then is just started wandering back on our property even further, until it suddenly turned on heel and ran towards the house, down around the side out of sight. All I could figure was that a dog had startled it our something.

We ran to our bedroom, and could just barely see it at the side of the house. I stepped out on the back porch, and that's when we saw the momma! When he had come running, she must have snorted at him or whatever it is momma moose do when their little ones wander too far away. We watched them for a while, but not too long on the porch, as in the heat of midday it was only 3 degrees. (Cold for Sew., since it's on the water. MP was 25 below today...glad we moved south)! :) They eventually ambled off across the street and out of sight. A fun change of pace, and good teaching moment for the boys as to what they should have done if they were outside playing when they had ambled through.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

How cool! :) I saw a big one yesterday standing on the sidewalk about a block from here, just munching on a lone little bush. Dave saw a mama and 2 babies at Safeway, and the baby tried walking through the door into the Oaken Keg! :)

To answer your question, yes I did realize that Keenan was cut out, but cannot get any of the pics to fit without chopping off the right side, even though I select "Shrink to Fit"...any suggestions, oh wise Blogger? ;)

Love you!

CALAMITY JANE said...

i miss the moose!! how awesome to see that in your own yard! :)