Among the other distractions the past few weeks, this week we added snow trouble to the mix. Last Friday, under clear blue sunny skies, we headed to Soldotna for appts. and errands, spending the night with my family. We came home Saturday afternoon in the middle of a horrendous blizzard, and a freshly-fallen 14 new inches of snow at home. Wet, heavy, mixed with rain 14 inches of snow. Shortly after we got home, I was feeding Anna, facing out the dining room window towards our shed. The shed has (had) a lean-to roof off the side, and as I sat there it collapsed before my very eyes. Perhaps "collapse" is a little too dramatic a word, as the front half sort of slowly gave way. Not too much harm done, and Mark wanted to re-do the shed this summer anyway. I would post a picture of it, but it makes Mark grouchy to look at it. So I won't. Anyway, he spent about 4 hours shoveling the roof of our house that night, and got the top two feet of snow off the front slope. The next day, it was warm and drizzly, and the snow started to slide off. (See picture #1 for the view out our front living room window). When
Mark got home from work, he headed out to work on the roof again. A few hits to the bottom layer of ice, and it all came sliding down (see picture #2 for the new, current view out the front living room window). Alas, this also meant that we had to dig a path to our driveway...picture #3 is the "before path is dug" picture, and I didn't bother to take an "after."The final phase was for Mark to shovel the back slope of the roof (which doesn't get the sun like the front does), but it was a warm, rainy day. Before he could get to it, it all came down...so now we also have to shovel out the back door! (See picture #4. It's a good thing the door was closed, or my laundry room would have been full of snow)!
So, we're distracted by too much snow.

1 comment:
I am jealous! We are in Rochester and we hardly have a dusting to play in. We may be out to see you next year for a snow fix!
Post a Comment