
Anna is named after my dear Gramma, Anna Virginia Uenas. She and Papa were not actually related to us, but our families made wonderful adoptees for each other! Gramma was a beautiful woman of God...always gracious and gentle, faithfully loving and serving those around her. When you think through the list of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, there is not one that did not characterize her life. "Anna" actually means gracious, which was so perfect for Gramma, and we pray it will be a perfect description of our Anna.
It always makes me sad when I think about the fact that Anna and Gramma will never have the chance to know each other on this side of heaven...Gramma passed away while I was pregnant with Jacob. Andrew and I were able to go back east to see her in the hospital before she died, which was so special.
We actually knew her as Gramma Ginny...she and Papa had always gone by their middle names when they lived in New England. When they moved to New York, they were frustrated with themselves for introducing themselves as Henry and Ginny (middle names they'd always gone by due to influence of extended family) instead of starting fresh and letting everyone know them as Daniel and Anna!
But this outfit is one that Gramma sent to my sister Kimberly when my niece Mykenna was born...a year before Andrew was even born! Kimberly had saved all of the baby clothes for me, (since we didn't find out ahead of time if Andrew was a boy or a girl), and while I didn't hang on to all of the girl clothes through two boys, I did save this one, knowing that if ever I had a little girl, her name would be Anna. The size and season didn't match up, but I put it on her once for pictures!

1 comment:
I'm sure Gramma sees her and loves how adorable and beautiful she looks in it.
Post a Comment