Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy?

Lately, Jacob loves to comment on things that "everybody" is doing...such as "everybody is eating" at mealtime to randomly saying "everybody is happy...Jacob happy, Nandew's happy, daddy's happy, mommy's happy!" (To which Andrew replied the other day...yes, because God is with us)! :)

Well, we're in the generally unsuccessful midst of potty-training Jacob right now. I just expected it to be easier with him, considering that Andrew was potty-trained before he was 2, and he didn't have an older sibling to observe!

Anyway, after sitting Jacob on the potty for quite a while after lunch yesterday, the phone rang. While I answered it, he wandered into the living room and promptly peed on the living room floor. I scolded him and sent him back to the bathroom to clean him up. As I was helping him step into dry pants, he put his hands on either side of my face, pulled me nose-to-nose with him, and asked, "Mommy happy?"

Kind of hard to resist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, dear, I remember those potty training days! In fact, I'm about to be upon them again soon and have no real desire to encounter the double trouble of twins! Not to mention the newness of training girls! Do you think it would be a big deal if they enter kindergarten still in diapers?

Can't wait to see you soon! Oh, and NO I am not even attempting to potty train them before the trip! :-)April