Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm back, maybe

I know it has been a long hiatus from this here blog for me. Certainly not on account of lack of things to blog about, as usual.

Since we got our referral for our baby girl on July 16th, our life has pretty much revolved around her, as much as is possible half a world away. The best way to stay in touch while in Ethiopia is via facebook (go figure!), so while Rebecca was there the last two weeks of July, and since then with other yahoo group friends from our agency who have been traveling, facebook is the place to be! I obviously don't have time to keep more than one web life going at at time!

We've gotten several great updates on Karis, and tons of pictures that I've been blogging on a private blog. All those pictures will be made available as soon as she is legally our daughter...which is regrettably not until at least early October.

Right now I'm out watching the kids and the goats playing in the yard, enjoying what is perhaps the 2nd sunny day we've had since I don't know when. I remember we had a hot sunny day for Andrew's birthday (7/17), but even that turned into a downpour by night...which was lovely for camping, I assure you.

At any rate, I'm trying to have pictures and "for the record" posts forthcoming for both here and the church project...to get them posted before school is here and I'm more overwhelmed than I am now, which is pretty hard to imagine.

No comments: