Thursday, July 08, 2010

Vacation Bible School

Every summer, Vacation Bible School is a highlite for our kids...and this year was no exception! The kids loved having Grandma and Aunt Marge there, and the program this team pulled off was top-notch! They used the Wordless Book colors, so that each day, the Gospel was presented solidly.

As a pastor's wife, I'm delighted that the parents in the community had such a quality program for their children through our church. As a mom, I'm blessed that the kids are still singing the worship songs as they go about their day, and remember the lessons they learned.




















Andrew did a great job with him memory verses, as usual, and loved the team and the missionary story the best!


It was exciting to see Jacob "finally" start to bloom in this kind of setting. He can so often find it difficult to change the beat of his drummer to match the beat going on around him, but he really enjoyed VBS and even put a lot of effort (which worked!) into his memory verses. And he LOVED the missionary story that was told in segments each day. It was so sweet, but sad, when he was getting sick with a cold on Friday and I debated keeping him home. "But mom, I need to find out what happens to TiPhom!" (I'm sure I don't have the spelling correct, but that was the character they were following in the story). Followed up by genuine tears and a begging session to be allowed to go that day...he's a different boy than he was a year ago! (Phew!)





















It was almost odd to see Anna so thoroughly involved in VBS...she's certainly no baby anymore! I had other pictures of her doing the crafts and such, but I just love these pictures of her at the closing program, singing her little heart out! She still sings "Mighty to Save" all the time!




















It has been fantastic partnering with this team this week...they are greatly missed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: