Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Report

Andrew has a new post up (sorry to those of you who saw it when it was accidentally posted in draft form with just the pictures and some typing added by a certain almost 3-year-old).

This "book report" of sorts has taken us over a week to work on, but we're both really pleased with the results. It's becoming easier for Andrew to formulate his thoughts in sentence form for writing, and he's enjoying the process more than he did before. This piece has also been a vehicle for working on handwriting, and for the first time in 3 years of schooling, I see that he actually has pretty nice handwriting!

The neat thing about this story summary is that written out by hand, double-spaced, it's FIVE pages long, and he is SO impressed with himself for writing that much! Regrettably, it doesn't look nearly so voluminous once it's typed out.

His "book report" came from a book of Ethiopian fables, and of the numerous ones we read, this one was his favorite. Enjoy his summary!

2 comments:

Grandma M said...

Andrew,
I'll leave my comment here since I couldn't on your blog. That was a very good book report. The father was very wise. Do you know that the Bible teaches that same lesson?
Love
Grandma M

JJ said...

Awwe!! I love Andrews blog!!! He is doing a great job. I am curious to know what you use for writing.