Friday, July 24, 2009

...

I'm running out of titles for posts that say I'm too busy to post. Any clever ideas?

I have two solid months worth of pictures in Picasa waiting to be blogged. And over 1200 pictures waiting on my camera to be loaded into Picasa. Either we're too busy or I take too many pictures, or both.

I will tell you that our camping trip was fantastic! We had a great time, Andrew thoroughly enjoyed his birthday, and the weather was even great for half of the weekend.

And on the homestead front, we've found a buck! On Saturday, the kids and I will drive up to Wasilla to pick up the most affordable buck ever, along with his friend Jingles. (Being herd animals, you always have to have at least two goats together. With only two does, eventually someone would be by themselves. Hence the addition of Jingles, a wether (neturered buck). So we're doubling our goat population this weekend! Just this past week, I've started to become concerned about Jacob's speech, as his /r/ is still nowhere to be found. And in case you think I should have started a new paragraph for this digression, I just have to say that the addition of this buck will in no way help Jacob's speech. Why? The buck's name is "Wepeat." LOL!

At any rate, I'm also really on a paperchasing push for the adoption, so that's taking my blogging time. Though I tell you what, I would love to be at least posting pics here, since there really aren't any over there. Soon.

Sophie is doing great...I have a love/hate relationship with her. Right at this moment, I love her. She's been out barking intermittently for a good hour now, and the neighbor just said today that he has fresh bear scat on his property. We had a moose and a calf hanging around for a while, which got a little annoying (there's really no way to train the dog to bark at some strange animals but not others). But she only barks if something's out there...the goats really should show a little more appreciation for that dog.

And oh, we have more chickens. Butchering date is Aug. 8th if you want to come over. Tricia will be here with her camera. Should be fun.

And VBS is in two weeks. Even though we have a team coming to run it, it still takes a good deal of prep work for me.

With all that's on my list, I should be getting to bed. I think Sophie's calming down...I really need to get the baby monitor on out there again.

No comments: